What is All-on-4®?
All-on-4® is a life-changing same-day procedure for patients missing all or most of their teeth. This innovative procedure involves attaching a full-arch prosthesis to the jaw with only four dental implants in one surgery. A trusted, efficient, and affordable alternative to traditional dentures, All-on-4® has been successfully performed on thousands of patients for over 20 years.
How is the All-on-4® treatment concept different from dentures?
While dentures must be removed for daily cleaning and replaced or regularly reshaped, All-on-4® is a more durable, permanent solution that ensures patients can eat, smile and laugh naturally and without constraint.
Is the All-on-4® treatment concept a good option for me?
There are a variety of factors that can indicate whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for this procedure. Factors to keep in mind as you’re considering restoring your smile with the All-On-4® full arch replacement are:
- Missing Teeth – Since the All-On-4® involves a full-arch prosthesis, any remaining teeth must be extracted, so ideal candidates have already lost most of their teeth. However, if you do have teeth that are still intact, they can be easily removed during the implant surgery. Drs. Khalil, Lin, and Vu would be happy to explain the process during your visit.
- Good Health – As is the case with any surgery, the better your overall health, the quicker the recovery and the lower the likelihood of infection. When considering your oral health, it is important that your jaw has enough bone density and volume because the titanium posts of All-on-4® implants act as roots for your new teeth and so require an adequate amount of support. The good news is that even if you have lost some bone mass, the implants can often be placed in a part of your jaw that still has enough bone structure. Our expert implantologists can easily evaluate your mouth and determine the health of your jaw and if All-On-4® would be best for you.
The Process — All-on-4®
Thanks to decades of research and advancement in technology, All-on-4® teeth replacement is a one-day procedure, so the process is quite quick. This minimally invasive dental implant solution involves:
- the extraction of any remaining teeth
- a thorough cleaning of your mouth
- placement of each implant
- an additional cleaning
Upon completion of these 5 simple steps, you will walk out the door with a temporary set of prosthetics attached to the implants. We will then periodically meet with you over the next six months to ensure perfect fit and comfort.
Benefits of All-on-4®
- Convenience: No dietary restrictions
- Comfort: Customized fit
- Shorter treatment time: Only one day
- Full arch restoration
- Immediate function with a fixed provisional bridge
- …and more
The cost of a full arch replacement depends on the details of each patient’s specific case. So, calling us to schedule a consultation is the best way to get an accurate estimate of what the cost will be for you. We understand that everyone’s budget is different, so we offer various financing options to ensure you get the smile you deserve. We look forward to meeting you.
For more information about All-on-4®, please call our Berkeley office today! Berkeley Office Phone Number 510-548-9114